The Oshkosh Northside Hoops Club is a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation providing an excellent opportunity for girls grades 3rd through 8th to learn the sport of basketball, experience the excitement of school spirit, and build lasting friendships. The club is managed through volunteers including a board of directors made up of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Varsity Head Coach and team representatives from grades 3 to 8. The club is governed by the corporation’s by-laws.
To teach youths between the ages of 5 and 18 the fundamentals of competitive basketball, to provide exercise and conditioning, to teach sportsmanship, fair play, and teamwork with a competitive environment. It shall also be the purpose of the corporation to acquire and maintain appropriate equipment and facilities for teaching, coaching, and playing, including, but not limited to, courts, indoor and outdoor court facilities, and equipment related to basketball.
Click here to view our Club by-laws
Youth Club Goal:
To provide girls from 3rd to 8th grade the opportunity to:
- Learn the fundamentals of competitive basketball through individual skills and team play
- Develop each player physically and mentally through exposure to higher-level competition
- Provide a vehicle to learn and practice sportsmanship, teamwork, and team play
- Prepare for high school basketball at Oshkosh North High School
Volunteering and Fundraising:
Volunteering is at the heart of what makes the club successful. Parents/Guardians/Players are expected to donate their time to help keep individual registration fees low for all club members. Many volunteering opportunities exist throughout the season including board participation, assisting at hosted tournaments, selling raffle tickets and many other events the club sponsors throughout the year.
Club general meetings, at a minimum, are held bi-monthly in September, November, January, and March. A club end-of-the-year celebration is held after each team’s season has concluded (late March/early April).
What does your daughter receive?
- Coaching aligned with Oshkosh North High School philosophies
- An average of 8 tournaments for grades 4 through 8 (3rd grade - 4 tournaments)
- Youth Night (recognition at a varsity game)
- Basketball skills training
- A great experience creating friends, learning skills and teamwork, and building a tradition of successful basketball at Oshkosh North High School
If there are issues that arise, first communicate it with your coach after time has passed in an effort to remove emotions from the conversation. If this does not resolve the issue, then contact the club President for a formal review of the issue with the Executive Board of Directors. The ONHC Executive Board of Directors reserves the right to settle all disputes.